The Department of Biology and the Rutgers School of Business–Camden now offer the opportunity to earn a dual degree Bachelor of Arts in Biology and Master of Business Administration.
The program requires undergraduates to plan effectively, accelerate completion of their undergraduate coursework and complete graduate level coursework in the senior undergraduate year; this requires early and thorough planning with students’ major advisor. Dual Degree program candidates are expected to excel in their undergraduate studies and score well on the GMAT or GRE.
Eligible students must have accelerated completion of relevant business core requirements as well as most major required coursework by the end of their third/junior year. Students accepted into the program will enroll in four MBA courses during the fourth/senior year. During the fifth/last year, students must matriculate into the MBA program via the formal graduate admissions process. NOTE: All Dual Degree program students program MUST have their bachelor degree conferred prior to their first semester in the MBA program.
Program Eligibility Guidelines
- Students must be enrolled in the Undergraduate Biology Program
- Default Biology major degree is BS in Biology
- BA degree is given only for the students in the BA/MBA dual degree program
- Students must have and maintain a minimum 3.30 cumulative GPA
- Students must be able to maintain full-time status throughout Senior Year
- Students may apply when they have completed between 90-105 degree credits
- Students must meet all applicable coursework requirements (available from the Qualification Checklist section of the RSBC Application Packet)
- AACSB Accredited programs
- Access to world-class Rutgers faculty
- Start your career faster – save up to a year of enrollment time
- Cost Savings – take up to 12 graduate courses at undergraduate rates
- Market experience and a professional network are integrated into your academic program
Recommended Course Plan
Program Advising Contacts
Early academic advising & planning are key to the successful completion of this program!
Undergraduate Biology Advising:
Academic Services Office
Phone: (856) 225-6043
Graduate Business Advising:
Phone: (856) 225-6452